baslinux - Re: [BL] jwm vs. icewm

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] jwm vs. icewm
  • Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2008 11:02:46 -0400

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
In one of my VirtalBox virtual machines emulating
the Compaq laptop, i just installed several of the
addons packages listed here:

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/baslinux/add-ons/index.htm

One of the addons i installed is icewm. Now, when
i startx, it automatically goes into icewm.

But i wanted to keep the ability to switch between
jwm and icewm as desired. Is that possible? How?

PS -- It's really great trying out new configurations
on a virtual machine first, before screwing up
the real machine! I highly recommend VirtualBox.
(it uses some of the Qemu code)

http://virtualbox.org/

-monz

In IceWM on my computer (Ubuntu), when I installed it, a bit of the menu had "Window Managers".
It allowed me to switch to the other three thousand window managers I had on my system.
It looks like
restart jwm - jwm
Put that anywhere in your ~/.icewm/menu file
Which gets to JWM (without closing your open apps)
Unfortunately, I have yet to figure out how to get back to IceWM (or other WM's) from JWM.