baslinux - [BL] ALSA for audigy sound card

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] ALSA for audigy sound card
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 16:02:18 +0000 (UTC)

I can only find info on how to use Soundblaster Audigy cards with ALSA (same driver as for SBLive).

In theory there is an OSS driver at sourceforge but a search there only turns up ALSA.

The Creative site only mentions ALSA for all its sound cards.

I found two HOWTOs but cannot follow all the details.

ALSA support exists for kernels 2.0 and later but for 2.2 there was no mention of sblive or audigy.

I would need to compile drivers, library, and utilities such as amixer and make some extra devices.

ALSA modules have format snd-card-sb16.o. There seem to be more modules required than for OSS.

For the moment I have simply replaced this card with an older one, but it is supposed to be Creative's best quality card.

Maybe someone already familiar with ALSA could get this working for BL?

Sindi

  • [BL] ALSA for audigy sound card, baslinux, 05/27/2008