baslinux - [BL] how I resolved backspace/delete problem under BL 3.5

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] how I resolved backspace/delete problem under BL 3.5
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 13:18:51 -0500 (CDT)

I was having trouble with two keyboard keys on the laptop I recently set up with BL 3.5: both the backspace and the delete key were doing right-delete. I had no left-delete key. I found an old post by Steven where he showed how to switch backspace and delete keys by entering a couple of appropriate lines into the .xinitrc file. His lines weren't doing the trick for me, so I looked around a bit more. Since the delete key was working fine, I figured I only needed one line in .xinitrc. The line that finally resolved my problem is

xmodmap -e "keycode 22 = BackSpace"

I put that line at the very beginning of the .xinitrc file. It resolved the problem: now the backspace key really backspaces (delete-left) and the delete key continues to work as it should (delete-right). Maybe this information will help you if you ever run into this problem in BL 3.5 (or later?).

James

  • [BL] how I resolved backspace/delete problem under BL 3.5, baslinux, 03/25/2008