baslinux - Re: [BL] connecting with another linux computer

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] connecting with another linux computer
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 18:00:02 +1200

Message from Steven
===================

> The computers are connected to an ADSL modem router.
> My Suse computer has the Ip address 192.168.2.100
> and the baslinux 192.168.2.101

>From the BasicLinux computer do this:
------------------
ping 192.168.2.100
------------------
If ping works, then try transfering a file from
the Suse computer using wget or send/receive.
(For wget to work, the Suse computer must be
running an http or ftp server.)

BTW, if the above works, you might like to put the
Suse address in /etc/hosts (on the BL computer)
192.168.2.100 Suse
Then you will be able to "ping Suse" and so on.