baslinux - [BL] BL distros, poll

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL distros, poll
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 08:38:54 -0600

Message from srporter:

First item, regarding BL distros...

I've used BL 1.8, 2.I, and 3.5 at various times in the past.

I have never done any mods to any of them.

I have never installed any of them to HD.

I am currently gathering slackware 7.1 package files so I can install 2.1 to
HD.

The target notebook is a 233MHz w/ 64MB ram & 4GB HD, pcmcia x 2, usb
1.0 x 1, swapable CD/FD.

Purpose for installing BL is that it's tight, light, and it works...FAST!

My question is, am I on the correct path with BL 2.1 or should I be
using BL 3.5 as a base?

BL 2.1 uses slackware 7.1 packages, BL 3.5 uses slackware 4.0 packages.

I am not intimately familiar with the differences in the kernel and
glibc versions used, but simply based on the versions used, it seems
to me that there should not be a great deal of difference.

This is an invitation for Steven to jump in and enlighten me. I could
dig through the archives, but I hope this is faster and simpler
solution. :-)

Second item, the poll...

If it isn't too far off topic, I would like to inquire about the
systems on which BL is being used, specifically, what is your most
MINIMAL system that you are using to run BL, and what is your
application (and which version of BL)?

This is simply for curiosity. Inquiring minds wanna know! :-)

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
srporter