baslinux - Re: [BL] Attempt to run Firefox 3 on BasicLinux

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Attempt to run Firefox 3 on BasicLinux
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 21:11:00 GMT

I posted a bunch of 2.4.31 kernels at http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31
along with a modules package that should work with any of them. blfiles.htm
should explain what was included, or look at the config files. Most also do
USB storage. The pda kernel is really minimal, for use with USB pdas.

If I were braver I would attempt a 2-floppy non-X version of BL3 with a kernel
that can handle both USB storage and NTFS file system. For retrieving files
from dying laptop drives. (Except the one someone brought us has no floppy
drive so BL would need to be booted from CD. Ubuntu works, sudo mount....).
Sindi

  • Re: [BL] Attempt to run Firefox 3 on BasicLinux, baslinux, 01/15/2008