baslinux - Re: [BL] Xvesa, startxt, and startx for thin client

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Xvesa, startxt, and startx for thin client
  • Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 17:47:42 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Mikael Bonnier wrote:

> I read in some earlier message that you could start
> the thin client (X server) with startxt.

Yes, but first you need to bring up the network
(insmod, ifconfig).

> Then on the server (X client) I did:
> DISPLAY="192.168.1.107" xrvt

I assume you mean rxvt.

> but it didn't show anything on the thin client.

Try this:
------------------------------
export DISPLAY=192.168.1.107:0
xterm &
I assume that 192.168.1.107 is the address of
the thin client (and that it is pingable).

> On the X client I also tried with adding
> "-query 192.168.1.107" to Xvesa startup line

You don't use the -query parameter on the X client.
It is used on a thin client to connect to xdm
(or similar) running on the X client.