baslinux - Re: [BL] aspell compiling problem

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] aspell compiling problem
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 22:44:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Hallow

Long time. Well even though you don't hire from me I still follow the
list. Well
again I am not having this problem on a BL system but on an other SW
8.1 derived system (vector Linux) I have tried to compile Aspell since
it should be the best spell checker in the world. But it gives me
trouble.

./configure && make

work for a while but stop than with some error messages about

/modules/filter/email.lo

I have tried google (by the way have you hired about blackle.com) and
it didn't seems to bring up anything. I don't know if it is a
dependency file missing and if so where (in witch packages) to find it
or if it is an other problem. (maybe I should just find an older
version of Aspell and try withe that). Do you know any file called
email.lo?

My best regards to you all
/Mikkel

I downloaded the 2004 version (0.50.5) and it compiled perfectly with my Slackware 7.1 gcc 2.95.3 and gcc-g++-2.95.3, and Slackware 8.1 glibc 2.2.5 (complete, not just solibs). email.lo is not in any of these packages.
This version says it requires gcc 2.95 or later. The later version 0.60 may require a later gcc or glibc. It was a 10 min download of this 1MB source code package.

I have generated a bunch of .lo and .la files in /lib, 10MB of .so and .o in /lib/.libs (8MB of this is liaspell.so), a small aspell and a 1.2MB aspell.o and other *.o in /progs, and there are man pages and examples. email.o was generated today. /data contains .dat files for various charsets.

Let me know which files you need to run aspell and I will package them.
Is there some way to make packages directly from the Makefile rather than installing and figuring out where things went?

Part of this require Perl.

I am also planning to compile vim and aspell will be useful with it.
Or maybe ispell. I don't care about suggested spellings, just catching typos. Aspell will not help you to spell 'hear' instead of 'hire'.
The manual it contains a wrong word spelled correctly, and a properly spelled grammar error.