baslinux - Re: [BL] Problem starting up

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Problem starting up
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:06:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I tried with 2 more floppies, same result. I can start it up on other computers without problem with the same floppies. In this particular computer, there doesn't seem to be an error (or at least I don't get any message), it just stops at that line and the cursor is blinking at the next line.

As for the DOS version, I'll try it out, but I'd like the floppy version better .

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
Message from Steven
===================

> I'm using the floppy version, the problem happens with Disk 1.

Disk 1 needs to be perfect. Unfortunately it is
not unusual for floppy disks to have flaws. This
is not an issue for disk 2 (where bad sectors can
be mapped out without messing up the copy). But
disk 1 requires a bit-by-bit copy -- even a single
flaw can mess it up.

I suggest you try a different floppy (or two) to
see if it (they) work. If that doesn't fix your
problem, please come back here and tell us so we
can suggest something else.

BTW, have you considered using the DOS version?
It uses a completely different method to boot
-- so whatever the cause of your problem, it
probably won't occur with the DOS version.