baslinux - Re: [BL] X fonts & character diplay

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] X fonts & character diplay
  • Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 16:46:16 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Hi! List! Czerno typing in Lynx/BL3.

Sindi wrote :

The 5x7 and 6x13 display extended ascii online in lynx and offline
in e3pi
(I have no way to test at the command line), but 5x8 does not.

I suggest that Czerno try 6x13. The others look bad at 800x600.

For my regular display resolution of 1024x768, 6x13 fonts are a bit
to small,
yet I did the trial.

You can also use the helv and lut fonts which I uploaded the full versions of.

The problem with those fonts is links (taken as an example) happily
uses them
for displaying its local stuff, such as message boxes, hence showing
garbage
instead of line drawing characters. Is there a tweak to force links
to choose
a different font for the local messages than whatever fonts the
terminal in
which it runs is using ? That is well over this here n00b's
understanding.

Please explain how to recreate your problem. In BL2 links looks the same in console mode, in the default font used by rxvt, and in an rxvt made by typing rxvt -fn 6x13. But maybe that is a different font from what you get in BL3.50. I typed g for GoTo and the box looked fine to me.

Cheers,

oh, yet a reminder : I have asked for a simple hexadecimal viewer for
files
that were compatible to BL3. Any ?
(No idea.)

Czerno