baslinux - Re: [BL] My iomega parport zip drive

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] My iomega parport zip drive
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:56:11 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
dw wrote:

> Trying to get my IOmega parallel port zip drive
> working w BL3.
> Does the BIOS setting need to be changed to have
> BL3 recognize this by ppa? Is there another module
> besides ppa.o I need to download and then run with
> insmod?

Sindi knows more about this than I do (I've never
used a zip drive). However, I think you might
need to activate the parallel port first by doing:
insmod parport
insmod parport_pc
Then do: insmod ppa

There was a long thread about this last year:
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/baslinux/2006-May/010528.html