baslinux - Re: [BL] RE : Beginning to see the light...

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] RE : Beginning to see the light...
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:54:08 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Hi, List! Czerno again.

Sindi wrote :

Start an rxvt, type lynx.
You will need to change lynx.cfg to use xli as the viewer not zgv
which you probably don't have anyway).

Ouch! For that, I have to add, or modify, a line off lynx.cfg ? Or
use the buil-in options editor in Lynx ? Details pleaze!!! And then,
with such addition/modification of the cfg, will Lynx still work at
the console, outside of fwm, or need /two/ cfg files (and a way to
select between them!) ?????

I never use lynx in X. I don't know of a way to switch between two .cfg files. Since you do not have zgv, you should set lynx.cfg to use xli and use lynx in X when you want to view images. You can still use it in console mode but it won't display the images when you click on them.
You also need to set the options (type 'o') if you want to see links to images and/or verbose image names.

I have set up zgv in my lynx.cfg (which I think Karolis used, not sure) as the viewer for gif png tiff jpeg pnm and bmp - does xli view all of these?
Just replace all zgv with xli.
VIEWER:image/gif:xli %s etc.

I also have lynx set to use timidity and mplayer as VIEWERS. Steven figured out how to do this for links and I adapted it a bit.

Another point : In a previous message you told us about how fun it is
to use Links as a viewer (downloader) from inside Lynx. Pray explain
how to set that up, if it's not too complicated...

See my lynx.cfg file (it is at my site, if not in Karolis' package).
In lynx.cfg:

DOWNLOADER: View tables/frames with links:/usr/local/bin/lins %s:TRUE

I also have it set to view pdf as text with pdftotoext (from xpdf) or with svp (an svgalib-based pdf viewer that also needs ghostscript). xpdf does not work with the X setup in BL3.

Have a good week-end ya'all Baslinuxers

I think the spelling is y'all, and the word is used as a standalone pronoun (without a following noun). In Michigan state it is 'you guys'.
Some areas use 'youse' as the plural.

Czerno