baslinux - [BL] (no subject)

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] (no subject)
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2007 23:40:49 +0200 (CEST)

Hi! Czerno typing. A mixed bag of questions without rhyme or
reason...

1/ I put my added "insmod" commands (for cdrom & network) as well as
"udhcpc" and "mount" in file : /etc/rc ; is this the correct place
for this distro ?

2/ Need to access second hard disk (2 FAT16 partitions).
What I did (sample) : mkdir /DD
mount -t msdos /dev/hdb1

Does /DD (Windows/DOS disk D:) seem a good place for the mount? How
would I make it permanent ?

3/ Hard Disk partitions are MS 'VFAT' (Win 95 long file names) - as a
consequence of mounting them as type "msdos", whenever I make a
change I get Win 95 to "auto-scandisk" the next time (be it only
because the LFN firectory entries got screwed up). Is it possible in
BL3 to have VFAT type mounts ?

4/ Lynx + NNTP news : I participate in groups at a semi-private
server (i.e., non "usenet") which *requires* NNTP "userauth"
(username AND password). As set-up out of the box, it appears Lynx
does not ask for a password, hence, I was unable post to the server
in question :=(
Tried lynx "options" ("O") but there's nothing there for news
settings. Any solution, or should I get a "real" news reader :=)

5/ already asked but... simplest way to getting the French keyboard
layout recognised - at least under X ?

Alright, enough is enough... Buh bye !

--
Czerno