baslinux - Re: [BL] mplayer, youtube and dialin

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: BL listserv <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] mplayer, youtube and dialin
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 09:42:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007, James Miller wrote:

I've recently begun watching youtube videos to catch some sporting events. I mainly use the latest versions of Ubuntu on newer machines
<snip>
The kej.tw site works fine with an up-to-date version of elinks, so I'm guessing it would work with links and/or lynx as well, btw.

I've tried feeding the download link the kej.tw site gives you to wget and it works. That downloads a file that gets named get_video?video_id followed by some alpha-numeric series. The same procedure applies of assigning that file an .flv extension (and renaming it, if you'd like) before viewing with mplayer.

James