baslinux - Re: [BL] non-anonymous posts

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] non-anonymous posts
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 16:57:22 +0300

On Mon, Jul 02, 2007 at 03:27:19PM +0200, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
> or we could just sign our email with our name, like this:
>
> bye,
> pepijn

Which we are doing right now already... The problem with this is that
it still breaks sorting mechanisms at lists.ibiblio.org (unless someone
would undertake an effort to write a script which would label these
mesages according to signed names).

Also, the name and email are in the same From: header, so this sort
of stripping (that would remove email address, but would retain name)
would still require a script (which would have to be executed, and I
doubt that Ibiblio would allow that) to accomplish.

Karolis