baslinux - Re: [BL] xwindows in FDversion works the other not

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xwindows in FDversion works the other not
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 22:43:31 +0200

Thank you Steven

Oh what a beautiful linux is baslin 3.5 now!

I am loving JWM, really great program under all the tiny programs.

With maximal profit for the user and easy to use and reconfigure.

I did change the resolution into 1024 x 768 x 24 and I have now a
great and fast linux on my harddisk in the windows partition.

All the applications works really well.

The only great mysterium is how to make the network to work to use
the internet connection through DHCP.

I did enter "netsetup" in /root

restart

nothing

Network status in JWM says: "Warning: cannot open /proc/net/dev"

I did read into /etc/rc and delete the "#" in the line after
#_ACTIVATE_ETHERNET_
ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1

restart

nothing.