baslinux - Re: [BL] BL 3-50

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL 3-50
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 08:54:56 +1000

Guiseppe,

On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 13:41:25 +0200
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Ron,
> Thank you very much.
> Your FS.img is intended for use in BL3.32?

No, actually BL 3.4. And it is really only meant for use with a loop
install (that runs in RAM).

> Could I install on hd using 50 Mb FS.IMG in BL3.32 DOS version?

You could do, I suppose, but there is no point. The only possible
advantage of this larger FS.IMG is that there are some extra applications
already pre-installed in it.

Once you make a hard disk installation, in its own partition, that
advantage disappears.

> Bl3-50 Dos version with this image works. Would it be risky to install on
> hd?

It would be pointless. Version 3.50 is quite different to previous
versions, and each version should be kept quite separate.

> Otherwise I will turn to the 20Mb FS.img.

That would be the right way to do it.

Regards,
Ron

--