baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 icewm failed to load pixmap

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 icewm failed to load pixmap
  • Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2007 02:34:12 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Sindi
---------------------

I had set up a computer with BL2, X (SVGA) and icewm. Something got
messed up to the point where startx, xinit, all the shared X libraries
and the misc fonts.dir were missing. It looks like anything involved in
starting X/icewm got trashed/deleted.

I can now load XF86_SVGA but not icewm. It is failing to load four
pixmaps (which are there) for icewm with rc=-4 .

I would reinstall icewm but can't find another copy. The BL2 add-ons site
is not there.

What files are involved in loading pixmaps?

I found David's reply to one of my old postings suggesting I fix the monitor rates in XF86Config and that fixed the pixmap loading problem on one computer. I was testing on an older monitor than the original.
ATI Rage 128 would not work with SVGA server, Nvidia TNT RIVA would.

The other computer loads SVGA X server but crashes out of it badly in BL2 and BL3 with a Rendition card that worked just fine in another computer and works with Win98. Some computers are fussy. Neither of these do Xvesa with himem.sys.