baslinux - Re: [BL] ghostscript 8.54

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ghostscript 8.54
  • Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:01:36 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 11 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/blfiles.htm

See the gs 8.54 entry.

You need two packages plus fonts. This is the executable built with
default devices but no X, so might work in BL3 with glibc 2.2.5.

2.9MB executable
1 MB library files (initialization files in /lib)

No display device, but a lot of printers and image formats.

A much smaller version. Smaller than xpdf's pdftoppm and does more.

http:/keesan.freeshell.org/bl/gs-8.54-small.gz
1.15MB, expands to 2.65M, executable with initialization files compiled in

Devices:
nullpage, bmp256, pbmraw - needed to display with svp (based on svgalib)

pbm pgm pnm ppm - convert ps/pdf to images usable by netpbm

pswrite/pdfwrite - convert between ps and pdf

Printer devices for deskjet (mono and color), laserjet, ljet2p, ljet5 (works for 6), but not epson or canon or anything not PCL5. 300 or 600 dpi.

Add gs fonts from Slackware, 3MB. I will try to reduce this to a few 100K (one font only, in bold, italic, and both) as I did for pdftoppm, which uses gs fonts.

I have tested both of these only for displaying with svp. Please report problems.

Both glibc 2.2.5. Need libc libm ld-linux.

Version 8.50 includes a lot more devices and x11, but has no special dependences, just what is needed for rxvt.