baslinux - [BL] another small painting program

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] another small painting program
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 07:46:30 +0000 (UTC)

While looking for Mikkel's svgalib po paint program (which only works at up to 640x480 resolution) I ran across PublicPaint, possibly also from Denmark like Mikkel (Khvalstrand?), which is currently svgalib (latest version 2003) but is being ported to SDL and supports 16-bit color.
Po does only pcx format (you would need to use two netpbm programs if you wanted to work with jpegs) but publicpaint handles jpeg and bmp.

This precompiled binary is libc6 and also needs svgalib (libvga and libvgagl) libz and libm, libncurses, libjpeg, and libttf (from freetype.tgz, 175K) which I don't have so I can't check memory usage.
It is billed as a painting program with fonts, not an image manipulation program, but might be able to edit photos as well.

It is i686 and glibc.

It needs to be run as root or suid root (chmod +s).

http://www.geocities.com/khvalstrand/preversion_0.9.5.tar.gz 72.377 Kb