baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 internet as user

  • From: "Ron Clarke" <ariadne AT ausreg.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 internet as user
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 08:46:12 +1000

Hi Sindi,

On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 21:40:43 +0000 (UTC), sindi keesan wrote:

>>> I need to startX, then dial, then su user.
>>> Just starting X automatically would be helpful.

>> Puting the startx command into profile seems to do what you want.

>> Of course, that may not be the best way. I am sure other lister(s) will
>> tell
>> us if that is a dumb option.

> It worked, but I think it will try to run X every time you log in on any
> vt, which will disable the other vts since you can run X on only one at a
> time.

Yes, that is true.

I have done it in BL2, so that when my wife logs in to MY machine,
she goes straight to her GUI, and it is the last line in
/home/monika/profile.

In BL3, unless you make a user with their own profile, it would
require root to Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to get back to the CLI.

> No big deal to type startx, dial, su user, and then opera.

I agree. :)

Regards,
Ron

Arachne User