baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 dial and ssh as 'user'

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 dial and ssh as 'user'
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 07:24:29 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> I cannot dial as 'user' with eznet:

I have no problem dialing as a user with eznet. This
was discussed before (more than one occasion). Please
look in the archives.

> /etc/ppp/options No such file. What is root using
> as the equivalent?

/var/eznet/eznet.conf

> I cannot ssh as 'user'

I have no problem running ssh as a user.

> Permission denied (publickey,password,keyboard-interactive)

It is very difficult for some people to get their heads
around permissions. That's why BL3 runs as root.

> The TAG gang tell me to switch to some distribution
> that does not operate as root

Yeah, tell me something I don't know.

> such as Puppy Linux or DamnSmallLinux.

Bye, bye.

> I said I would try to dial and run X and go online as
> 'user'

I do it every day. It's no big deal.

> but it is tricky.

Yeah, permissions are tricky for inexperienced users.