baslinux - Re: [BL] CD burning with 2.4.31 kernel

  • From: Christof Lange <cce.zizkov AT volny.cz>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] CD burning with 2.4.31 kernel
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:03:28

On 12 Jan 07 at 16:26, cce.zizkov AT volny.cz wrote:

>b) I inserted the modules for USB storage - success. Then I added
>the modules for CD burning - success. But the device address
>of the CD burner is not as it used to be 0,0,0 bus has been shifted
>according to the number of USB devices that had been plugged in
>before.

My further tests discovered one substantial drawback of using the
scsi driver for both - emulating the CD drive and mounting USB
storage.

Evidently I have to plug in all USB devices I want to use *before*
I load the modules for the CD burner. When the CD drive is recognized
at scsi0, scsi1, etc. the USB support will not recognize any new
USB devices plugged in later. It only recognizes those which have
been plugged in an recognized at the addresses below the CD drive.

Can anybody tell why? Is there a way to emulate the CD- IDE drive at
a higher address and win some place for other USB devices?

Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov