baslinux - [BL] links0.90 failing ftp

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: BL listserv <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] links0.90 failing ftp
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 21:25:16 -0600

See a screenshot I made of links failing to do ftp at one of the Slack 4.0
mirrors linked to
from the BL site at http://cmiller.sdf-us.org/links-ftp.png . Incidentally,
all of the 1st 4
ftp sites on that list give me this same error. The Utah one works, as does
the Russian one
following. I've seen that same error message at other (than Slack) ftp sites,
btw. I have
been assuming that newer ftp servers are doing something this older version
of links is not
prepared to deal with. But that's just my poorly-informed guess. Someone with
more geek
factor on this list (Steven? David? Lee?) should be able to figure out the
real answer.

James

PS I converted this screenshot from ppm (the one qemu's screendump facility
uses) to png
after which it came in at only 6kb. But I was unsure whether I could (or
should) send an
attachment of even such small size to the list.