baslinux - [BL] Fetchmail Tcpdump Msmtp Uclibc from David M.

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Fetchmail Tcpdump Msmtp Uclibc from David M.
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2007 17:54:49 +0000

quote

http://davidjmoberg.googlepages.com/tcpdump-3.9.5-i486-uclibc0.tgz
http://davidjmoberg.googlepages.com/tcpdump-fetchmail-msmtp.tgz

The former is statically compiled with uClibc. Since you seem to be
using OpenSSL a lot, I also put together the latter package, which
contains a dynamic tcpdump, fetchmail, msmtp, uClibc (just the
relevant parts - can be stripped further but there isn't much point in
doing that now), and openssl. Will save a few hundred KB if you use it
instead of the static packages.

The static package works with the standard BL3 kernel, but the dynamic
package requires Linux 2.4. This doesn't matter to you since you
upgraded to support your serial card, but I am just pointing it out in
case you want to share the package with someone who may not be using
2.4.

/quote

I've tested tcpdump (great for debugging network apps and monitoring
what's going and coming from your interfaces) and it works great.
As do the dynamically-linked fetchmail and msmtp.

We are very lucky to have David Moberg with us.

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru