baslinux - Re: [BL] FTP was: (pure-ftpd pppd passwd)

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] FTP was: (pure-ftpd pppd passwd)
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 12:11:12 +0000

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 10:00:47AM -0800, David Moberg wrote:
> 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> > Lee Forrest wrote:
> > >
> > > What I'll do is reboot to debian, run tethereal (packet
> > > logger) and then ncftp with the LIST command ("ls" or "dir" on
> > > the ncftp commandline) and then use packet logs as a template and
> > > try to write a netcat script that will do the job.
> >
> > (echo user anonymous
> > echo pass xxx
> > echo stat /pub/slackware
> > echo quit) | nc ftp.slackware.com 21

> Is there some reason you can't just use links to get an FTP
> directory listing?

_I_ didn't know links would do that. It's an infuriatingly
slow browser, and nc is very fast, so given the choice...

I'm seeing a script that will run the equivalents of 'ls -l' or
'ls -lR' on any path, and then call wget to bring down whatever
file you choose from a menu. And allow you to enter an alternate
port, if necessary.

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful