baslinux - Re: [BL] Colors in ls - X rxvt/swm xinitrc

  • From: "Samual Acorn" <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Colors in ls - X rxvt/swm xinitrc
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 05:04:08 -0600

rxvt -ls -g 68x30 -C -fg white -bg black

...easier to read now?

or..

ls --color=never

...if that works with BL...

On 31/12/06, Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com> wrote:
X is one of my weak points, but I managed to figure
out how to get 3 full-size 'xterms' up on startx:

~<#>cat .xinitrc
# wallpaper
swmbg /usr/share/swm/pixmaps/morocco.xpm &

/usr/share/swm/menu.sh &
exec swm &
/usr/X11R6/bin/rxvt -ls -g 68x30 -C &
/usr/X11R6/bin/rxvt -ls -g 68x30 -C &
/usr/X11R6/bin/rxvt -ls -g 68x30 -C

-------
But I _cannot_ figure out how to get the colors
out of ls.

I can't even read the yellow listings for symlinks
but have to do 'ls -F | less' !!!!

Aliasing ls to ls -F is just _fine_, so would someone tell me how
to get rid of those colors, please?

Geesh...I've got get some sleep...Hasta manana,

Lee

--
Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

baslinux-request AT lists.ibiblio.org

--sam
--