baslinux - Re: [BL] wireless unanswered questions

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] wireless unanswered questions
  • Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2006 15:15:30 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

Questions:

1. How do I modify the loop linux initfs.gz to work with kernel 2.4.31,
so as to try out the orinoco card, which segfaults with 2.2.26, in the
Gateway, where I don't have an ext2 partition? Also to use loop linux
with USB storage. Also so Lee can use it with his 2.4.19 kernel.

Doesn't it already work with 2.4.31? It should work as long as the
kernel has loop, msdos, ext2, ide disk support all built in. Otherwise
you will need to replace the 2.2.26 or 16 modules in the initfs.gz
with the correct ones for the kernel you will be using.

David