baslinux - Re: [BL] tinkering with email...

  • From: "Samual Acorn" <sam.acorn AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] tinkering with email...
  • Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 00:00:52 -0600

mine? no.. lol... i can only dream about composing music like this....
this file was written by a "matthew westcott" ... or so the file
says... i dont know the name of the tune since the filename has
(assumedly) been changed and the file itself does not contain a song
name... considering the URL below it could have very well been written
specifically for where i got it...

i pulled this file from a realtime javascript demo called 'redbug'
which can be found here; http://www.west.co.tt/matt/js/redbug/ (i
didnt write this either.. altho impressive this is beyond my dreams
and into my nightmares... look at the code to find out why) .... it
says it will run in firefox but trust me.. it wont... you need a
windows box with quicktime5+ IE6+ and at -least- 800Mhz of CPU power
to enjoy it properly (a 3d engine written in javascript isnt going to
ever be fast)... quicktime is needed since the demo uses the midi file
for timing...

to be honest the only reason i sent this particular file other than to
see if it was possible to send a binary in the email body rather than
as an attachment -- and it make it through -- was because this was
right in front of me in my home directory and it packed down smaller
than the mailing lists 15KB size limit ;)

at least i think this ML has a 15KB limit... i may be thinking of
another one... o.O

On 05/12/06, Ron Clarke <ariadne AT ausreg.com> wrote:
Hi Folks,

On Wed, 06 Dec 2006 07:30:20 +1300
3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> sindi keesan wrote:
> >
> > My email program here (pine) does not automatically decode
> > uuencoded mails, which I presume this is.
>
> Save the email as a file (eg tempfile). Then do:
> -----------------
> uudecode tempfile
> -----------------
> You will then get r.zip (unzip it to get the midi file).

Yep, works for me. Very nice, Sam. :)
One of yours ?

Regards,
Ron