baslinux - Re: [BL] ftpd

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ftpd
  • Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 19:36:23 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 18:55:06 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

Can anyone on this list try networking between BL and XP and if it works,
report the details?

I have been able to give my wife's XP access to HER account on my BL2 and
BL3 installations.
We have four computers hooked up to the ADSL modem, which allots 192.168.1.2
- 5 IP numbers to each machine.

Will it work for you without the ADSL modem, using a crossover cable?
Sindi

I run my pure-ftpd server on either the BL2 or BL3 setup (they are on different partitions on the same machine) and my wife uses a dual-pane ftp client, and logs in to her own account from the XP. If I want to pass files to her, as root I put them into her /home/* directory. To get files from the XP to me, she puts them into her directory on my machine and I collect them from there. It was extremely easy to set up. But it has to be done from the XP. I cannot access her file system, so I have to run the server. I guess the same thing could be done with the httpd server and a browser.

Regards,
Ron