baslinux - Re: [BL] ISA NICs

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISA NICs
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:08:29 -0700

Karolis Lyvens wrote:
I am trying to use one NE2000 compatible ISA NIC in one of my Baslinux
computers, but there is problem with I/O adresses, IRQs and generally
ISA PnP.

You may find the isapnptools package to be helpful. With this package,
you can initialize PnP cards, configure pnp addresses, interrupts, DMA
assignments, and so forth.

Are you using BL3? If so, you can find the isapnptools in the
slakware/a11/pnp.tgz package from Slackware 4.0. (See the BL site for
a list of mirrors.)

To use, install the package with pkg, then execute the following at
the console (not X):

pnpdump -rc >/etc/isapnp.conf

The file /etc/isapnp.conf will contain some configuration details. You
can take a glance at that file. Then, if the settings appear to be
correct, execute:

isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf

You should see the IRQ and other details that you or the program
selected. Now, if you insmod 8390 and ne again, with the proper
parameters, does it work?

David