baslinux - Re: [BL] added ncftp30.tgz

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] added ncftp30.tgz
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:52:50 +1200

John Beck wrote:

> Just added ncftp 3.0.0 to http://johnbeck.org/bl3/
> It worked on my system, I was able to bookmark sites
> and do recursive puts and gets.

The purpose of ncftp is to provide a powerful and flexible interface
to the Internet standard File Transfer Protocol. It is intended to
replace the stock ftp program.

Although the program appears to be rather spartan, you'll find that
ncftp has a wealth of valuable performance and usage features. The
program was designed with an emphasis on usability, and it does as
much as it can for you automatically so you can do what you expect
to do with a file transfer program, which is transfer files between
two interconnected systems.

Some of the cooler features include progress meters, filename
completion, command-line editing, background processing, auto-resume
downloads, bookmarking, cached directory listings, host redialing,
working with firewalls and proxies, downloading entire directory
trees, etc., etc.
http://www.ncftp.com/ncftp/