baslinux - Re: [BL] A question about using packages

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] A question about using packages
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 16:18:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 3 Jul 2006, [gb2312] ???? wrote:

Hi!Mr.(Mrs.)

(You don't need the above line at all, but if you wanted to be formal, you could write: 'Dear list members', or 'Ladies and Gentlemen'.)

I had installed gcc at BasicLinux(Using Slackware 4.0 packages:
gcc.tgz,binutils.tgz,egcs.tgz,libc.tgz) .
when I use g++ to compile a program(by C++ language) under BasicLinux,gcc still show
error messages:"streambuf.h:No such file or dirctory ".
could you tell if I need install another packages?

The Slackware 4.0 /slakware/MANIFEST.gz lists streambuf.h in egcs.tgz
It should have been installed to:

/usr/include/g++/streambuf.h

If you don't have that file, it means the egcs.tgz package did not really get installed in your linux partition (which is probably a 20MB 'loop' partition inside a DOS partition) because you ran out of space.

Can you make an ext2 partition on your hard drive and install linux to that? Make it at least 100MB if you plan to compile a lot.

You can use fdisk and e2fsck from BL3.40 to make the partition.

Or follow the advice on how to make your loop partition larger if you can't make a separate ext2 partition.

If you do have that file, you are missing a symlink somewhere.

That's a big difficulty! My BasicLinux version is 3_40.

Best Regards
mathew