baslinux - [BL] Rosegarden for BL3, was Re: /dev/sequencer and external midi problem

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Rosegarden for BL3, was Re: /dev/sequencer and external midi problem
  • Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2006 15:22:43 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 1 Jul 2006, sindi keesan wrote:

Are you using Rosegarden successfully with BL3 ?

libc6 version that I think I found as an rpm is available converted to a
BL2 tgz at http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl

I already got this and it didn't run in BL3.

See my most recent posting reporting that Rosegarden appears to need a
later libX11 (and other X libs that depend on X11).

So either you would need to compile libc5 X libraries form newer source
code, or compile Rosegarden for libc5 X. Since Rosegarden is 1999 I would
think it would compile with libc5.

I found a libc5 binary and converted from rpm to targz with rpm2targz.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/rosegarden-2.0.1-1.i386.libc5.tar.gz

Ron, please test it. I don't have sound set up in BL3 and it started to load but complained about the lack of fonts and the lack of a sequencer.
(The BL2 version did not get that far, complained about libX11). Lack of fonts only affects the notation editor. How would we fix this, in fonts.alias? (Steven, please help. You can try to run the program to see a list of fonts it can't find).

I renamed the BL2 version:
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/rosegarden-2.1-1.i386.libc6.tar.gz

./bl/blfiles.htm describes the files briefly, with installation instructions.

Needs libXaw Xext Xmu Xt X11 SM ICE and libc5 (or libc6).
Install icewm and Steven's X libs package for BL3 for these libraries.

Other compiled versions (later code?) needed libXaw3d.

I also posted source code for rosegarden-2.1.p14.tar.gz, the newest I could find for Rosegarden2.

If this is newer and contains more features, someone might want to compile it for BL3. What does 2.1-1 mean - first release of 2.1?

Sindi

  • [BL] Rosegarden for BL3, was Re: /dev/sequencer and external midi problem, sindi keesan, 07/01/2006