baslinux - Re: [BL] AMD K6 233MHz won't run any X?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] AMD K6 233MHz won't run any X?
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 22:28:16 +0000 (UTC)

This computer is running MS-DOS 7.1. I have another of the same modem DFI ITBD computer (one may be version B vs A)with a similar AMD cpu (also 233 MHz) where Xvesa works. Perhaps this particular cpu is buggy, but not all 233MHz AMD cpus.

Xvesa works in BL2 and Bl3.3 if you hit F5 while booting to bypass startup files (sutoexec.bat and config.sys) but not otherwise.

I put back startx the way it was before (it had been changed to simply xinit) and the regular BL3 Xvesa setup is working again too.

This is the first time MS DOS 7.1 has interfered with Xvesa for me.

I don't know what the problem is with xinit, which is still givinga syntax error about "(" unexpected. It works with Xvesa but maybe not other X?