baslinux - Re: [BL] FreeDOS image for qemu

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] FreeDOS image for qemu
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2006 14:42:19 +0000 (UTC)

I found James' oszoo FreeDOS image and also wrote the author of that site suggesting he link to the baslin qemu image and to please test out the Freedos one at the qemu site and let the author there know whether to replace it.

While at the qemu site I noticed that there is now a qemu 8.1 for download. The changelog says it supports USB tablets, has some other USB fixes, better ARM emulation, and support for PC speaker. I therefore will not bother downloading it since I am only trying to run an editor and a wordprocessor and a 640x480 CAD program.

Version 8.0 introduced SMP support, and support for alsa audio and ES1370.

This implies that a prior version would not need libasound, unless libSDL (which provides keyboard support) really needs it for qemu to work. In that case maybe libSDL could also be recompiled without alsa.

Does anyone want to try compiling version 7.0 (which added parallel port support and 1280 resolution and some bug fixes) or even 6.1 for use with BL? Do we need support for ARM, SPARC, or Fedora?