baslinux - [BL] Harddrive will not boot

  • From: elmarsa dice <elmarsadice AT yahoo.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Harddrive will not boot
  • Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2006 15:42:47 -0700 (PDT)

I have installed BL3 from the 2 floppies and am
able to start up again with fd 1 and the hd
root=/dev/hda1 command. I did the lilo drill and
tried to reboot from the hda1 partition. It is
designated the boot partition. The problem is that
all I see is a display of obviously encoded symbols on
the screen and then the cursor freezes. I am sure
this problem is familiar but I have not seen it on any
of the faq's or other info sites. Could someone
provide a hint as to how to overcome the problem. Any
help is appreciated in advance.

elmarsa