baslinux - [BL] startup issues

  • From: Ben Sanders <BSand003 AT ucr.edu>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] startup issues
  • Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2006 21:17:51 -0700

thank you to all of you who replied to my 'need mke2fs help'
email. Since I have Linux working now, I would like to ask
another question.

There is about a full screen of text that comes up whenever I
restart the computer. (In Basic Linux -- it prompts for the
user to press 'enter' to go into the console.) I would like to
get rid of this 'intro' screen of text. are there any ideas
for doing that?

Also, I would like to have to log in to Linux every time it
restarts and not be automatically logged in as 'root'. How
would I do this?

thanks,
Ben

http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~bsanders