baslinux - Re: [BL] compiling busybox 1.10

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] compiling busybox 1.10
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:10:51 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:

> I put it in /busybox110, which I put on the path ahead of /bin/busybox, in
> /etc/profile. I can't remove /bin/busybox (in BL2) or eznet stops working
> with a complaint about not finding /bin/busybox/busybox. Why?????

That breaks your existing busybox setup. Try using ramdisk BL2 to
remove /bin/busybox and replace all of the links that pointed to
/bin/busybox/busybox with links to your new busybox. If you have
installed GNU find, then:

cd /; find -exec ls -l '{}' ';' | grep "busybox/busybox"

> When I do a 'which' the program in busybox 1.1.0 shows up, not in
> /bin/busybox/busybox (which I think is 1.01).

It might be calling e.g. /bin/cat instead of just cat.

> David's script made links for every possible program including things like
> sha1sum which I did not compile for. If I try to run the link:
> ./sha1sum --help
> sha1sum: applet not found

Is sha1sum listed in busybox --help? If not, then I don't see how my
script could have possibly made that link.

> Which finds it in that directory (not in /busybox101, where it does exist)
> so I should probably remove all those dead links. How?

Manually? I can't think of a script that would do this automatically.

David