baslinux - Re: [BL] looking for ISO of BL3 and/or other small implementations ISOs

  • From: David Moberg <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] looking for ISO of BL3 and/or other small implementations ISOs
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 13:12:08 -0800

t.maiden AT att.net wrote:
> I am looking for ISOs of small implementations of Linux or BSD. Is there an
> ISO for BL3?

Yes, and also for BL2.

> Where might it be found?

ftp://stevo32.no-ip.org/pub/

(choose from bl3.iso, bl3.iso.bz2, and bl3iso.zip)

Mirror of bl3iso.zip:

http://us.share.geocities.com/davidjmoberg/bl3iso.zip

This is version 3.32, not the latest version of BL3.4. If
you are feeling adventurous, you can try making a BL3.4
version by comparing BL3.32 and BL3.4 loop and
copying the differences over to the ISO.

There is also a BL2 bootable CD:

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/download/bl2-iso.zip

You will need to use mkisofs (from the Slackware CD burning
package) to make it into an ISO image. Example:

mkisofs -o bl2.iso -R -b bl2-2880.img bl2-2880.img

Both versions behave just like the floppy editions of their
respective BL versions. So you can install to hard drive,
or on QEMU you would install to the virtual hard drive
after you have set it up with QEMU.

> This is not for burning live CDs, its for use with the QEMU program.

To use with qemu:

unzip bl3iso.zip
qemu -cdrom bl3.iso

> I just can't download files of 100 meg. or more. Thanks.

There are many live CDs that are smaller than 100MB.
You can add software to most of them by downloading and
installing one package at a time. If you modify them in this
manner, you will eventually end up with a live CD image that
is as big as you need it to be.

Have you tried the wget -c option to resume a paused
download?

David