baslinux - Re: [BL] xli

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] xli
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 22:22:43 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 2 Dec 2005, mikkel meinike wrote:

Hollo!

1. My version of xli (the one that comes with BL3) seems to be only
supporting the jpg image format (I have tested gif, pnm, pgm, pbm,
png). Is it a limited version of xli? is there an other version in
SW4? Is there an other viewer you would recommend from SW4? I would
like to be able to view pnm, pbm.

2. Should Link2 explicitly be linked to a viewer like xli in order to
show images (I only get a black frame where the image should be)?

It is already linked and it all works properly for me.

I have a /root/.links/links.cfg with the lines :

association "xli" "image, image/gif, image/jpeg, image/jpg" "xli %" 11 1
extension "gif,jpeg,jpg,jpe,bmp,BMP,pcx,PCX,xbm,xpm,xwd" "image"

So it ought to work with all these formats.

'xli -fit' and links2 (with xli as above) both display /usr/share/mgp/earth.jpg and a gif for me.

(xli -fit corrects the odd colors when xli is used standalone and the images is displayed outside the rxvt window).

You may have a nonstandard video chip or card or motherboard. Can you try this on some other computer? Does zgv (see David Moberg's 1-floppy 2.4.31 setup) display images on your computer? (It works only on 2 of 4 computers for me). If zgv works, try the BL1 zgv package and libraries at the BL1 add-on site and set that as your links2 viewer (replace xli with zgv in the config file).

/Mikkel