baslinux - Re: [BL] Help, Mutt wont work :(

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: info AT freedomnet.org.uk, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help, Mutt wont work :(
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:32:49 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 16 Nov 2005, Ian wrote:

Hi,
Ive successfully (I think) migrated BL3 to its own partition
on my HD and got it to load rw. Now Im trying to get Mutt
to work with it. I used the PKG script to install the Mutt
archive from the BL3 addons site and everything looks as though
its in the right place. All the executables are in the
/usr/local/bin directory which is in the PATH. However if
I go to that directory and try to run Mutt, I get the error
message "-sh: mutt not found". The little script "mu" which
is supposed to launch Mutt doesnt have any better luck.
If I try ldd on it I get ..
"ldd: cant execute mutt (No such file or directory)"
If I do a ls -l I can see mutt sitting there large as life.
Its attributes look alright "-rwxr-xr-x"
What on earth is going on?
The musetup script in the same directory, on the other hand,
works ok.

Are you sure you got the BL3 and not the BL2 version of mutt?
Your BL3 ldd is not working on the mutt executable.

ls -l mutt
BL2 - 412132 bytes
BL3 - 353948

Christof posted at least two versions of mutt for one or both BL so yours may not match mine. I think I have the older version because his newer one did not work right for me.

The musetup script is not library specific but mutt itself is.

The script mu uses 'mutt'. musetup does not, it uses e3pi which is statically compiled.

--
Bye now,
Ian.