baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: KDE on BL2

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: KDE on BL2
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 17:57:34 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Clement" <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>

> KDE and GNOME are much more bloated than Enlightenment is. In order
> from bloated to least bloated:
>
> KDE
> GNOME
> Enlightenment and a few other middleweights like XFce
> Fluxbox/Blackbox, icewm, etc.
> twm

I thought that icewm was smaller than twm whilst having more features?
icewm is very small for what you get. In fact, if you follow the FAQ
at icewm's (I like their recommendations now, BTW) website, you will
get a very nice desktop environment in as little space as possible.
Sure, swm is smaller, but icewm comes with a themeable taskbar.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com

  • Re: [BL] Re: KDE on BL2, David Moberg, 05/13/2005