baslinux - Re: [BL] bl3 with ssh protocol 2

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] bl3 with ssh protocol 2
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:54:30 +1200

Stepan Potocky wrote:

> I found that ssh from bl3 add-ons supports only
> protocol version 1.5.

Yes, it's an old static version of ssh, which we
have been using since BL1. I suppose it's time I
updated ssh. Nobody seemed bothered by the older
version until now.

> I tried to install openssh from DeLi Linux, openssh 3.9p1.

DeLi Linux uses a different library (glib2) so its packages
are not compatible with BL3 (libc5).

> ssh: not found

The "not found" refers to the library.
There are several possible solutions:
(1) find a recent ssh that uses libc5 (very unlikely)
(2) find a recent ssh that's static (unlikely)
(3) install glibc library package on BL3 (probably will work)
(4) use BL2 instead of BL3 (most likely to work)

Note: BL2 is glibc2-based and is (usually) compatible
with DeLi Linux packages.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru