baslinux - Re: [BL] how to convert from .doc to image

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] how to convert from .doc to image
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 02:05:45 +0000 (UTC)

My DOS port of wvware converts only to html, not ps. It produced from one .doc file an .html file whose only content was a link to a .png file which I could view perfectly!!!!!!!

I will attempt to compile wvware if people will help me. There are two or more source code files involved and maybe more if I want to convert to my choice of text, ps, or html. html worked fine for a scanned document embedded in a .doc file, but ps might be good if there is also text and I need to preserve the formatting. Antiword can handle formatted text (ps output) but loses some of the formatting. So does wvware.

I am set up with glibc2.2.5 (SW81) and my results would be usable only with that library unless I compiled statically.