baslinux - Re: [BL] BasicLinux, SAMBA, and small memory testing

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BasicLinux, SAMBA, and small memory testing
  • Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:26:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

I have not started setting up the network, yet
(I have an Intel Pro/100 ISA adapter

I'm guessing that your network card will work with the
eepro100 module from Slackware 7.1 (modules directory).
But the e100 module should work better than eepro100.
You will find an e100 suitable for BL2/BL3 here:
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/download/

If this is really an ISA card, then eepro100 is not the right module so far as I know. I was using some offbrand cards that had the Intel chips, and the PCI cards took the eepro100 modules, while the ISA ones took the eepro (minus the 100). Another possibility for Intel ISA NIC's is the eexpress. If it's really an ISA card, I'd try one of those first.

James