baslinux - Re: [BL] Re:Re:Re: pcmcia 3c589c

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re:Re:Re: pcmcia 3c589c
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:22:45 +1200

NRK wrote:

> Linux BL3 is up and running right from boot-up with
> network connectivity. However, I have not achieved
> DHCP yet.

In order to use DHCP, there needs to be a DHCP server
on the network (on a different computer). BL3 does
not contain a DHCP server, nor is BL3 a suitable
platform for one.

> I have also tried to configure the eth0 interface
> with the gateway information without success.

After the ifconfig command, add this:
route add default gw 192.168.1.99
That number is just an example. Use the actual
gateway on your network.

Additionally, if you have a Domain Name Server
on your network, you should put its address in
/etc/resolv.conf

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru