baslinux - [BL] Re:Re: pcmcia 3c589c

  • From: "NRK" <nrk19 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Re:Re: pcmcia 3c589c
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:19:29 -0400

First of all, thank you Steven. Your solution worked perfectly. I was about
to throw in the towel prior to your message. Now, I will have to work for
network connectivity.
Please let me know if I am not sending the reply to the forum with proper
procedure.

Regards
Nate

> Hello:
>
> I am new to the list, but I am familiar with some of the topics that are
discussed here on the forum, as I have reviewed the archives with interest.
> I have installed BL3.3 on an old Ascentia lap-top with a 75 Mhz CPU, 32 MB
of RAM and a small 524 MB hard drive. After achieving a bit of familiarity
with the system, I have installed a network card 3c589c. Cardmgr has
identified the card correctly. However, the drivers or module for this
device have not loaded successfully. Can anyone tell me if the correct
module for this card is located on BL3.3 and is so, what is the proper
procedure for installing or binding the module to the card? It would truly
be grand if I could put this old lap-top to work again. Thank you.