baslinux - Re: [BL] Copying with 2-button mouse in Xvesa without Xconfig

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Copying with 2-button mouse in Xvesa without Xconfig
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:32:37 +0000 (UTC)

I had just written a long reply to this, after testing out Xvesa with the new .xinitrc, and some combination of Xvesa, 80x30, possibly mda, possibly kermit and telnet, eliminated all keyboard access to the vga terminal I was typing on. My reply does not seem to have been saved.

I don't recommend mixing Xvesa and vga=ask (different numbers of columns and/or rows in CLI). Someties I lose the mda cursor. For a while the cursor would go off the bottom of the page when I arrowed down but the next page did not come up on the screen. Then the cursor disappeared entirely. Usually exiting Xvesa sticks you back into 80x25 but I used Xvesa one one terminal and was writing mail at a shell account on the other and the 80x30 stayed there but stopped working.