baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 with scsi drive

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 with scsi drive
  • Date: Tue, 01 Mar 2005 19:44:01 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> The scsi card is working in that computer with scsi zip and scsi
> scanner and it has a place to plug in the cable. The zip drive
> uses sd_mod.o.

sd_mod does floppies and hard drives as well.

> I presume I will have both and sda1 and an sda4 (zip drive is always 4).
> Do I need to set a scsi ID on the hard disk?

Defaults may just work. If you move the zip drive over to a different ID
it will still work just as well as before?

> In DOS I thought smaller partitions let you have smaller cluster sizes.

That's true. I wouldn't worry too much about partitions: just get the
operating system(s) working and everything should sort itself out unless
you have an unusual configuration.

David